Want a tweet in your blog post?July 16th, 2012 | Posted by in Blogsy | Fun | How-To | iPad | User Requests
I wrote a post a while ago about how to easily add a tweet to a blog post if you are a WordPress user. This easy insertion is possible because WordPress parses the URL and if it is a twitter URL it automatically creates the embedding. But I got a question on Facebook asking if it were possible to add a tweet to a post if you are a Blogger user.
The short answer is, YES. Matter of fact, you can do it for any of the blogging platforms. But unfortunately it is not as easy to do as it is with WordPress. The reason it is not as easy is that Twitter does not provide a way to grab the embed code if you are on a mobile device.
But it is possible and these are the steps to do it.
1) Open Blogsy's built-in browser and sign into your twitter account.
2) Once you are signed into your twitter account enter the following URL in the address bar and hit enter. http://mobile.twitter.com/settings/change_ui This will take you to the desktop view of your twitter account. I suggest you set this URL up as a bookmark in the Settings menu in Blogsy to make it easier in the future.
3) Find the tweet you want to add to your blog post then tap on it.
4) At the bottom of that tweet tap on “Details”
5) Now tap on “Embed this Tweet”
6) Now select all of the HTML embed code and copy it.
7) Flip to the HTML Side in Blogsy and paste that code where you want the tweet to appear in your post.
When you flip back to the Rich Side in Blogsy it will look like what you see in this image.
8) When you publish your post it will look like this.
Writing post on how to add tweet to blog post if you are using a blogging platform other than WordPress. This is tweet for that post. :D
— Blogsy iPad App (@BlogsyApp) August 10, 2012