Photo UPloader for blogS – PUPS
We have learned over the last few years of Blogsy that some people don’t have an iPad (I know, hard to believe) and some that do have an iPad still prefer to blog from their blog’s admin in a browser.
But for these people it is a hassle to get the photos from their iPhones (or iPads) to their computer then upload them to their blog then add them to their posts one at a time. Yes, it can be done but it is such a hassle and waste of time.
This is where PUPS fits in. With PUPS you can upload photos to your blog’s media library so when you sit down to write your post your photos are already there. You no longer will have to go through the hassle of getting the photos from your iPhone (or iPad) to your computer then uploading them, then adding them to your post one at a time.
With PUPS you can batch upload, rename, resize and even choose to send yourself an email with the embed codes. So you can can just copy the embed code from the email and paste it into the HTML view of your preferred editor and your photos will be in your post – lickety-split.
The Photo UPloader for blogS – PUPS homepage can be found here - http://fomola.com/pups/
PUPS has multiple features to make a blogger’s life easier.
1) Email yourself the image embed codes – If you choose, you can send yourself an email with the image embed codes. Then you just copy the embed codes from the email and paste them into your blog editor and your photos will be in your post. A quick and simple way to get the photos into your post.
2) Rename files – Important for SEO purposes or for anyone that wants the image filename to be descriptive.
3) Default resize – Set a default file size so all the photos you upload will be resized to this. This will save server space and make uploading quicker.
4) Individual resize – Set the file size for individual photos. Maybe you want one to be larger or small than your default file size setting.
5) Multiple blog support – Set up as many blogs as you want on the same blogging platform or on different blogging platforms.
6) Upload History – See what you have uploaded in the past and also select them to email yourself the embed codes again.
7) Background Uploading – Get the uploading started then get back to what you were doing. The photos will get uploaded in the background so you don’t have to waste time watching them upload.
8) PUPS Supports the following blogging platforms. (For detailed information about each check out our Platforms Page.www.fomola.com/PUPS/Platforms)
- WordPress (Self Hosted and WordPress.com blogs)
- Movable Type
- IBM Connections
- Squarespace 5
- MetaWeblog (Don’t see your blogging platform on the list? Check if it supports the MetaWeblog API. Almost all do.)