My Opera blog and Blogsy.April 21st, 2012 | Posted by in Blogsy | Features | Platforms | How-To | Information | MetaWeblog
I got an email the other day asking if Blogsy supports My Opera blogs. So we did some testing and found that Blogsy does support My Opera blogs but there are a couple of limitations. The API method that Blogsy uses to fetch categories is not supported in the My Opera API so Blogsy cannot fetch or set categories (My Opera calls them tags). Also, the My Opera blog will not recognize the date and time set in Blogsy and will just publish the blog post right away. So it is not possible to schedule posts with Blogsy.
Blogsy supports the following for My Opera blogs:
- Publish posts
- Edit and update previously published (online) posts
- Upload images to My Opera blog media library
This is how you set up your My Opera blog in Blogsy.
1) In Blogsy go to Settings -> Service Settings -> MetaWeblog -> Add a New MetaWeblog Account. You will see the following setup menu.
a) API URL: Enter the following where
b) Blog Name: Enter whatever you want. This will just be used in Blogsy and will have no impact on your blog.
c) Blog ID: It is very important to use the correct blog ID. To figure out your blog ID you need to do the following.
1) Open a new browser tab on your desktop or laptop computer. In the address field write the following URL – http://my.opera.com/
2) Open the rsd file on your computer using TextEdit (mac) or Notepad (windows).
3) You will find your blog ID in this file. This is what ours looks like.
4) Use this blog ID number in Blogsy to set up your blog.
d) Username: Enter your blog username.
e) Password: Enter your blog password. This is the same password you use to sign into your blog in a browser.
f) Tap on “Sign In” and it will set up your blog in Blogsy.
When you have time please check out our how-to videos. Users have told us that they really helped them get the hang of and most out of Blogsy. Blogsy can do many things that may not be obvious from looking at it. You can find the how-to videos in the Settings menu under “How-To Videos” or you can find them here – www.blogsyapp.com/how-to.