Medusa (Blogsy 4.0) can now be found in the App StoreJune 28th, 2012 | Posted by in Blogsy | Bugs | Improve | Update | Features
This is the release note for Medusa (Blogsy 4.0). If you’d like more details about one of these new features please look through the last week of blog posts for details or watch our how-to videos. We reshot all of our how-to videos so they explain all new and old features.
New Platforms –
- MetaWeblog – A generic setup so you can set up your blog even if you don’t see it as a blogging platform Blogsy supports. Almost all blogging platforms use the MetaWeblog API.
- Joomla 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 – Prior to Medusa Blogsy only supported Joomla 1.5. Now it supports all the more recent versions of Joomla.
New Service –
- Instagram – now you can drag in and embed Instagram photos into your blog posts.
New for all blogging platforms –
- Image Captions – add and edit image captions.
- Search Dock Item – one easy place to search for content on all the supported service. This also means you no longer have to set up an account to be able to search that service.
- Word Count – tap on the Post Info. menu and you will see the word count for the post you are currently working on.
- Image/Video Drag in Width – set the default drag in pixel limit. So if you know your blog’s post area width and how wide you always want your images to appear you can set this.
- Video Alignment – lefts, center and right alignment for videos.
- Video Size – easily adjust the size of a video to any dimensions you want.
- Copy Browser Page Title – tap on the Blogsy Link Drag In Button to be able to copy the page title then paste it into your post and it will automatically make a link out of it.
- Blockquote Pasting Option – copy content from a webpage then paste it into your blog post and you will be given a “blockquote” option to instantly turn it into a blockquote. (Make sure to watch the how-to video about this or read the blog post about this feature)
- Image Double Tapping Opens Image in the Browser – double tap on an image in the dock and the full size image will open in Blogsy’s built-in browser.
- Posted with Blogsy – a footer added to the end of your blog posts to show you published the post with Blogsy. But if you want to turn it off then just tap on it at the bottom of the screen.
- Post Excerpts -now add and edit excerpts for your posts.
- Multiple Image Upload – attach and upload up to 5 images with Tumblr image photo post.
New languages added in Medusa thanks to some great translators.
- Flickr – If Flickr account is set to private Blogsy will no longer make a new “Blogsy Photos” set every time you upload.
- IBM Connections – Fixed showing error report message after every correct posting.
- Apostrophe bug fixed.
- Double tap and hold crashing fixed.
- Rich side cut, paste crashing fixed.
- Link drag in on images/videos crashing fixed.