Joomla 3.0 recently came out and we have gotten several emails asking if Blogsy supports Joomla 3.0 blogs.
Thanks to the great work by the Joomla API developer Kozaki, Blogsy works with Joomla 3.0 blogs. It just requires a different plugin than the plugin used for Joomla 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 blogs (also developed by Kozaki).
This is the information about what is possible and how to set up your Joomla 3.0 blog in Blogsy. This information can also be found on our Platforms page.
- Publish posts
- Schedule and set past dates for posts
- Set categories
- Set and edit image captions
- Edit previously published (online) posts
- Delete previously published (online) posts
- Upload images to blog’s media library.
- Multiple blog support
- Download the Joomla!3.x plugin. You can get it here (pkg-xmlrpc-joomla-2-0-2.tar.gz Developed by Kozaki)※ This plugin should only be used if your blog is Joomla 3.x If you have a Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, or 2.5 blog then look for instructions below.
- Go to your Joomla admin Panel -> Extentions -> Extention Manager -> Install and then install the plugin you downloaded.
- After the installation finishes tap on “Manage” in the left column and enable the plugin and the component.
- Now set up your Joomla blog in Blogsy. (In Blogsy you use the “Joomla 1.6, 1.7 or 2.5 Account” set up menu. This title will be changed to include “3.x” in our next update.)